In this article, we are going to discuss the importance and benefits of green living.
Introduction to green living
Green living, also known as sustainable living is defined as a lifestyle that attempts to reduce the use of earth’s natural resources by an individual or society. It is all about making choices that conserve and preserve the Earth’s natural resources and habitats. Such choices are environmentally ethical and eco-friendly. It revolves all around three principles i.e.
Importance of green living
Green living targets achieving an environmental equilibrium. This is sometimes also called ‘net zero living. Basically, it means returning to the earth to whatever we are taking from it. It is very important because it reduces our dependency on non-renewable energy resources such as coal, and oil, and which also produce several harmful toxins that make their way into the environment. So this release of toxins can also be reduced. In this way, we can contribute to a more sustainable future for the coming generations.
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.– Native American Proverb
Green living can provide us with better quality of life. It contributes to a healthier environment that directs us to healthy living, a healthy lifestyle and eventually healthy foods and choices. As with the changing climatic conditions due to pollution, we must start coming towards green living as it can save our earth and environment.
Benefits of green living
Following are some of the benefits of green living
- Saves money conserving energy and water will not only save our natural resources but will also contribute to saving our money.
- Conserving natural resources green living helps us in conserving our earth’s natural resources. Due to excessive use, they are disappearing quickly
- Reducing pollution and green living contribute a lot to reducing pollution by reducing the use of natural resources i.e. coal, oil, and gas.
- Curb climatic change burning fossil fuels is the biggest factor contributing to climatic change. So green living will also help to reduce it.
- Helps clean our environment Green living contributes a lot to help clean our environment. As it helps us reduce the use of fossil fuels which helps reduce toxin emissions in our environment.As we don’t want to live in an environment that is dirty and full of harmful pollutants.
- Makes the air quality improve green living will help to clean our air and make the air quality improve
- Productivity will increase Green living with a wide amount of positive impacts. When we will begin to start feeling healthy, it will increase our productivity at home and at work. And we will be able to accomplish things that would feel impossible at one time.
- Forests will be saved As a huge amount of trees are cut down every year to burn and produce energy. A green living will help reduce that and eventually our forests would be saved.
- Help conserve wildlife human are not the only creature that is suffering from pollution. Wild animals are suffering as well. A green living will help conserve wildlife.
- Water pollution will be reduced green living will help reduce water pollution which will help conserve the life of aquatic animals as well.
These days, it has become much more important to adopt a green lifestyle, because it only can help us reduce pollution and make our environment i.e our earth a better place. Green living is one of the best ways in which we can show our appreciation for the earth. When we all start taking small steps towards preserving our planet eventually,, we all shall reap big rewards from it.